In this article, I will address the issue of Excel 2013 freezing when copying and pasting, providing effective solutions to resolve this problem.
How to Fix Excel Freezing Issues When Copying and Pasting
If you’re experiencing freezing issues in Excel 2013 when copying and pasting, there are a few potential solutions to try. First, make sure you’re using the latest version of Excel and that your computer meets the system requirements.
To fix the freezing issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Restart Excel: Close Excel completely and reopen it to see if the issue persists.
2. Clear the clipboard: Press the Windows key + V to open the clipboard. Then, click the “Clear All” button to remove any data from the clipboard that could be causing the freezing.
3. Disable add-ins: Go to the “File” tab in Excel, click “Options,” and then select “Add-Ins.” From there, disable any add-ins that you don’t need or use.
4. Repair Office: Open the Control Panel, go to “Programs,” and select “Uninstall a program.” Find Microsoft Office in the list, right-click it, and choose “Change.” Then, select “Repair” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Restarting Your Computer and Clearing Formatting
If you’re experiencing freezing issues in Excel 2013 when copying and pasting, there are a few steps you can take to fix the problem. One of the first things you can try is restarting your computer. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve any temporary issues that may be causing Excel to freeze.
Another troubleshooting step you can take is clearing formatting. Formatting can sometimes cause conflicts or compatibility issues, leading to freezing problems. To clear formatting in Excel 2013, you can follow these steps:
1. Select the cells or range of cells that you want to clear formatting from.
2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose “Clear Formats” from the context menu.
3. This will remove any formatting applied to the selected cells, potentially resolving the freezing issue.
If the freezing problem persists after restarting your computer and clearing formatting, it may be necessary to explore other solutions such as updating Excel or checking for software bugs.
Disabling Live Preview and Deleting Office Cache Files
- Open Excel 2013.
- Click on the File tab.
- Select Options in the left-hand menu.
- A new window will appear. Click on Advanced in the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the Cut, copy, and paste section.
- Uncheck the box next to Show Paste Options buttons.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Deleting Office Cache Files
- Close Excel 2013 if it is open.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %temp% and click OK.
- A new File Explorer window will appear. Look for a folder named OfficeFileCache.
- Right-click on the OfficeFileCache folder and select Delete.
- If prompted to confirm, click Yes.
- Close the File Explorer window.
- Open Excel 2013 and check if the issue is resolved.
Disabling Add-Ins and Repairing Microsoft Office
If you’re experiencing freezing issues in Excel 2013 when copying and pasting, it could be due to problematic add-ins or a corrupted installation of Microsoft Office.
To troubleshoot this issue, you can start by disabling add-ins. These add-ins are third-party programs that integrate with Excel and can sometimes cause conflicts. To disable an add-in:
1. Open Excel and go to the “File” tab.
2. Click on “Options” and then select “Add-Ins” from the left-hand menu.
3. In the “Manage” dropdown, select “COM Add-ins” and click “Go”.
4. Uncheck any add-ins in the list and click “OK”.
5. Restart Excel and check if the freezing issue persists.
If disabling add-ins doesn’t resolve the issue, you can try repairing Microsoft Office.
1. Close all Office applications.
2. Open the Control Panel on your computer.
3. Navigate to “Programs” or “Programs and Features”.
4. Find and select “Microsoft Office” from the list.
5. Click on “Change” or “Repair”.
6. Follow the prompts to repair the installation.
7. Once the repair is complete, restart your computer and check if the freezing issue is resolved.
If the issue still persists after trying these steps, it may be necessary to seek further assistance or contact Microsoft Support for additional troubleshooting.
Bonus: Rescuing Your Excel Files and Bottom Line
|Article Title||Excel 2013 Freezes When Copying and Pasting – Fix and Solutions|
|Bonus||Rescuing Your Excel Files|
|Bottom Line||Fixing Excel 2013 Freezing Issues while Copying and Pasting|