In the realm of web development, encountering perplexing errors is not uncommon. One such predicament arises when the VCRUNTIME140.dll error disrupts the smooth functioning of the WAMP server. This article delves into the depths of this issue, equipping you with the knowledge and solutions needed to resolve this error and restore seamless operation to your WAMP server.
Common causes of the “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” error
If you’re encountering the “VCRUNTIME140. dll is missing” error on your WAMP Server, there are a few common causes to consider. Firstly, ensure that the necessary Visual C++ redistributables are installed on your system. You can download the required packages from the Microsoft website. Additionally, verify that the VCRUNTIME140. dll file is present in the appropriate directory.
If it is missing, you can try reinstalling the WAMP server or manually placing the DLL file in the correct location.
How to fix the “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” error on Windows 10?
To fix the “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” error on Windows 10 when using WAMP Server, follow these steps:
1. Download the necessary Visual C++ redistributable packages for your version of Windows from the Microsoft website.
2. Install the packages by double-clicking on the downloaded files and following the on-screen instructions.
3. After installation, navigate to the WAMP Server installation folder on your computer.
4. Locate the “VC10” folder and open it.
5. Inside the “VC10” folder, find the “msvcr100.dll” file.
6. Copy the “msvcr100.dll” file and paste it into the “Apache” folder within the WAMP Server installation folder.
7. Restart the WAMP Server and check if the error is resolved.
Following these steps should help resolve the “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” error on Windows 10 when using WAMP Server.
Re-register the VCRUNTIME140.dll file
To resolve the VCRUNTIME140.dll error on WAMP Server, you can re-register the VCRUNTIME140.dll file. Here’s how:
1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
2. Navigate to the directory where the VCRUNTIME140.dll file is located using the “cd” command.
3. Type “regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll” and press Enter to register the file.
4. You should see a confirmation message indicating that the registration was successful.
5. Restart your WAMP Server and check if the error is resolved.
This method can help fix runtime errors related to the VCRUNTIME140.dll file and ensure smooth functioning of your WAMP Server.
Run the System File Checker (SFC scan)
To resolve the VCRUNTIME140.dll error on WAMP Server, you can run the System File Checker (SFC scan). This can help fix any corrupted system files that may be causing the error.
To run the SFC scan, follow these steps:
1. Press the “Windows” key and type “Command Prompt”.
2. Right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”.
3. In the Command Prompt window, type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
4. Wait for the scan to complete. It may take some time.
5. Once the scan is finished, restart your computer.
Running the SFC scan can help resolve the VCRUNTIME140.dll error and ensure that your WAMP Server functions properly.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
To resolve the VCRUNTIME140.dll error on your WAMP Server, you may need to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. This error occurs when the necessary runtime files are missing or corrupted.
To reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Microsoft website and search for “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.”
2. Download the appropriate package for your operating system (32-bit or 64-bit).
3. Open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
5. Launch your WAMP Server again and check if the error is resolved.
By reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable, you should be able to fix the VCRUNTIME140.dll error on your WAMP Server.
Update Windows 10 to the latest release
To update Windows 10 to the latest release, follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows Start menu and click on “Settings”.
2. In the Settings menu, click on “Update & Security”.
3. Select “Windows Update” from the left-hand menu.
4. Click on “Check for updates” and wait for the system to search for available updates.
5. If updates are found, click on “Download and install” to update your Windows 10 to the latest release.
Note: It is important to keep your Windows 10 updated to ensure optimal performance and security.
If you are experiencing a VCRUNTIME140.dll error on WAMP Server, try the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Uninstall WAMP: Go to the Control Panel, click on “Programs” and then “Uninstall a program”. Find WAMP Server in the list and uninstall it.
2. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: Download and install the following packages: VC9, VC10, VC11, VC14, and VSU4\vcredist_x64.exe. These redistributables provide the necessary components for running WAMP Server.
3. Reinstall WAMP: Download the latest version of Wampserver (Wampserver3.0.6 or newer) from the official website and install it.
4. Restart your computer: After reinstalling WAMP Server, restart your computer to ensure all changes take effect.